Dhikr.io (Discover Inner Peace) an initiative under SADAQAH – Ummah Crowdfunding Ltd. respects your privacy and is committed to protecting the privacy of the users of the mobile application, Dhikr (“App”) in accordance with the applicable data protection rules, in particular the EU General Data Protection Regulation of 25th May 2018 (“GDPR”) as well as any national law or regulation implementing the GDPR. By using the App, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this Policy. You are informed that Dhikr.io operating under SADAQAH – Ummah Crowdfunding Ltd. being located in United Kingdom, your personal data may be transferred and processed in the UK and other locations for the purposes described in the present policy.
What Dhikr collects
Dhikr collects the following data from you and your use of the App and of the services available through the App (“Services”): Information you provide
We collect, process and use information, including personal data, that you provide or make available to us when accessing or using our App and Services. Examples of such information includes:
- the information you enter on the App and Services such as your name, birth date, email address;
- the information corresponding to your access or use of the App and/or Services such as your searches of the Dhikr, Quran or bookmarked Quran verses, the prayer requests you post or those that you have indicated to have prayed for, or modifications to any of your settings; and
- where you sign up or log in with your account on a third party site (such as your Facebook account or Google account), the personal data that you have provided to the relevant third party site, to the extent allowed by your account settings with the third party site or otherwise authorized by you.
Information relating to your device and the App settings
We also receive, store and process information, including personal data, when you access or use the App, including but not limited to:
- device-specific information relating to your device for example your device brand and model, operating system version, device language, unique device identifiers (such as IDFA), and mobile network information (such as your mobile carrier);
- your geolocation information, including but not limited to IP addresses used to connect your device to the internet, GPS data and network services data; and
- application specific information relating to the App for example the application version number, activity on the App, whether you use the App with a smart watch, the date you installed the App onto your device and the date you last used the App.
Purposes for which Dhikr collects, uses and/or discloses the information
Dhikr collects, uses and discloses your personal data for the following purposes: In order to provide you the Services, as necessary to execute the contractual relationship with you, in particular:
- To administer the App and Services and enabling your access and use of the App and Services;
- To manage your relationship with Dhikr including informing or updating you about changes to the App and/or Services and dealing with or responding to any enquiries given by (or purported to be given by) you or on your behalf;
- To enable carrier billing or billing via Apple App Store or Google Play Store;
In order to pursue our legitimate interests consisting in improving our App and software through researches and analysis, in the personalization of the App and the advertising displayed on the App, and in sending our customer base with news and updates to inform them on our activities, in particular:
- To maintain and administer any software updates and/or other updates and support that may be required from time to time to ensure the smooth running of the App and Services;
- To tailor your experience through the Services by displaying content according to your interests and preferences;
- To provide targeted marketing and advertisements via the App;
- To conduct research, analysis and development activities (including, but not limited to, data analytics, surveys, product and service development and/or profiling), to monitor and analyse how you use the App and Services, to improve the App and Services and/or to enhance your user experience.
In order to comply with legal obligations:
- To respond to legal processes or to comply generally with any applicable laws, governmental or regulatory requirements of any relevant jurisdiction (and any applicable rules, codes of practice or guidelines), including, without limitation, meeting the requirements to make disclosure under the requirements of any applicable law or assisting in law enforcement and investigations by relevant authorities; and
Processing of sensitive data
You are informed that considering the specificity of the App, we may collect by inference sensitive personal data concerning you, in particular your religious beliefs. You understand that the collection and processing of such data is intrinsically linked to the use of the App. Therefore, if you refuse that such sensitive personal data be collected by Dhikr, you will not be able to use the App.
Your personal data may be transmitted to the following recipients: service providers acting on behalf of Dhikr, such as hosting service providers (Google), advertising providers, our external counsels and advisors, and as required by law, judicial or administrative decisions, to competent authorities.
Retention of Information
Your personal data will be retained for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it is collected or for business or legal purposes, that is to say: When you register on the App, your personal data shall be retained for the duration of your use of the App, and archived for applicable limitation periods. Please note that if your account on the App is inactive for a duration of 2 years, you will receive an alert and be asked whether you wish to maintain your account, otherwise Dhikr will delete your personal data. Your geolocation history is not retained by Dhikr.
Dhikr makes reasonable cyber security arrangements designed to protect, prevent loss, misuse or alteration of your personal data. However, you understand that the transmission of information via the Internet and the storing of electronic information is not completely secure. Although Dhikr will do its best to protect your personal data, Dhikr cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the App or stored by us.
In accordance with the Applicable Rules, you have the right to access, rectify, delete and, when applicable to request the portability of your personal data. You can also request the restriction of the processing, and, under certain circumstances, object to the processing of your personal data. Please note that you can always object to the processing of your personal data for marketing purposes, without motive.
Your Privacy when accessing Third Party content and resources
Amendments to this Policy
Dhikr may make such amendments to this Policy as Dhikr may in its discretion deem fit from time to time. Dhikr will notify you of such amendments by posting the amendments on the App or such other method of notification as may be designated by Dhikr (such as via email or other forms of electronic communications), which you agree shall be sufficient notice for the purpose of this clause. If you do not agree to be bound by the amendments, you shall immediately cease all access and/or use of the App and Services. You further agree that if you continue to use and/or access the App and/or Services after being notified of such amendments to this Policy, such use and/or access shall constitute an affirmative: (i) acknowledgement by you of this Policy and its amendments; and (ii) agreement by you to give the consents set out in this Policy.
If you have any queries or comments on this Policy or the use of your personal data, please contact Dhikr’s data protection officer at: Data Protection Officer Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org